The apparel industry has gone through dramatic changes in recent decades.
- Clothing has become a disposable item
- The industry is globalized (Design, manufacturing and sales)
- The average lifecycle of clothing becomes shorter & shorter (fast fashion)
The impact on the environment, society and economy is huge, and can not continue like this. Therefore it is of paramount importance to start looking at apparel in a circular way. Doing so will have an enormous impact on all players in the value-chain.
From a materials perspective the following topics are very relevant and will be discussed during this conference:
- Sustainable fibers
- Bio-mass/biobased elastomer technology
- Chemical recycling to separate different material types
- Sustainable alternatives for dyes and other add-ons
- Traceability and Transparency in the value chain
- Microfibers / Microplastics
- Design for recycling
Most fundamentally, succeeding in this new circular textile / fashion value chain will likely require materials companies to dramatically re-evaluate how they do business. Instead of the traditional approach of developing a new material, companies have to collaborate across the value chain, from design to full-scale production and reuse / recycling.
During the Materials for Sustainable Fashion Conference the (inter)national speakers will present their view and experience on this fast changing market.
Who should attend:
- R&D / Innovation and General management of
- Producers of Materials (performance materials)
- Producers of chemical raw materials
- Producers of natural fibers
- Fashion Design companies / agencies
- Fashion Industry
- Suppliers to the Fashion Industry
- Materials for fibers
- Fibers and fabrics
- Plasticizers, flame retardants, stabilizers, adhesives
- Recycling value chain
- Governmental bodies
- Regulatory institutions
This conference is part of the Brightlands Materials of the Future Series and contains the following adjacent conferences:
|Brightlands Chemelot Campus
Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a world-leading innovation location in smart materials and sustainable manufacturing and home to a vibrant and fast-growing open community of groundbreaking companies and knowledge institutes. With its location, ecosystem and easily available expertise and knowledge, Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a unique location for innovative start-ups and corporations, forward-thinking knowledge institutes, daring entrepreneurs, brilliant researchers, talented students and visionary investors.
This conference is organised by Jakajima, Matchmaker for Innovators.