The apparel / textile industry has gone through dramatic changes in recent decades.
- Clothing has become a disposable item
- The industry is globalized (Design, manufacturing and sales)
- The average lifecycle of clothing becomes shorter & shorter (fast fashion)
The impact on the environment, society and economy is huge, and can not continue like this. Therefore it is of paramount importance to start looking at apparel / fashion / textile in a circular and holistic way. Doing so will have an enormous impact on all players in the value-chain.
The following topics are very relevant and will be discussed during this conference:
- Holistic view on the value chain / supply chain
- Design for recycling
- Reuse of materials
- Chemical recycling to separate different material types
- Traceability and Transparency in the value chain
- Legislation & Regulation
Most fundamentally, succeeding in this new circular textile / fashion value chain will likely require materials companies to dramatically re-evaluate how they do business. Instead of the traditional approach of developing a new material, companies have to collaborate across the value chain, from design to full-scale production and reuse / recycling (a holistic approach).
During the Materials for Sustainable Fashion Conference the (inter)national speakers will present their view and experience on this fast changing market.
Who should attend:
- R&D / Innovation and General management of
- Fashion Design companies / agencies
- Fashion Industry
- Fashion retailers
- Producers of Materials (performance materials)
- Producers of chemical raw materials
- Producers of natural fibers
- Suppliers to the Fashion Industry
- Materials for fibers
- Fibers and fabrics
- Plasticizers, flame retardants, stabilizers, adhesives
- Recycling value chain
- Governmental bodies
- Regulatory institutions
This conference is part of the Brightlands Materials of the Future Series and contains the following conferences:
|Brightlands Chemelot Campus
Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a world-leading innovation location in smart materials and sustainable manufacturing and home to a vibrant and fast-growing open community of groundbreaking companies and knowledge institutes. With its location, ecosystem and easily available expertise and knowledge, Brightlands Chemelot Campus is a unique location for innovative start-ups and corporations, forward-thinking knowledge institutes, daring entrepreneurs, brilliant researchers, talented students and visionary investors.
This conference is organised by Jakajima, Matchmaker for Innovators.